Handmade photo albums make for unique and personalized gifts for all occasions. This information provides a simple way to make a photo album.
Photo albums help arrange memories of vacations, get-togethers, occasions you celebrated, and so on. Later on, when you flip through, your photo album reminds you of the incidents, all the fun-filled happenings of the days gone by.
A photo album would make a wonderful gift for occasions such as weddings. The newly married couple can stick their wedding photos or their honeymoon photos in it. A photo album that you make at home would be a unique and personalized gift.
Tips to Make a Photo Album
Given below is a list of things required to make a photo album.
Photo album with spiral binding
Fabric to bind the album
Ribbons (one-yard long and one-inch wide)
The first step is batting the cover of the album. Follow the steps given below:
1. Coat the front cover of the photo album with white glue. Remember to cover the edges and the spine. On the worktable, lay out the craft batting. Place the front cover of the album on it. Ensure that the edges of the album are within the edges of the batting. Repeat this step for the back cover of the album.
2. The spine of the album should also be covered with batting paper. If necessary, you can trim the edges of the batting. Press the batting to the cover of the photo album. Keep the album aside, allowing it to dry.
3. While the glue is drying, follow the steps given here to make a cover for the photo album:
● Cut the ribbon into two pieces. Stitch one of the pieces of the ribbon on the fabric with the end centered on one short edge of the fabric. Do the same with the other piece of ribbon on the opposite edge of the fabric. You should trim the ends of the ribbon at an angle to prevent fraying.
● By now, the batting must have dried. Open the album and on the inside cover, mark the center of the vertical edge. Apply glue along the vertical edge, from top to bottom. Press the bad side of the fabric, which has the ribbon stitched to, onto the glued area. Align the stitched end of the ribbon with the center point. Allow the glue to dry.
● Repeat the earlier step on the other side of the album. Pull the fabric firmly over the cover of the album. Place clean scrap sheets between the cover of the album and the pages and close the album. This is to prevent the pages from getting dirty if the glue leaks. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly.
● Now apply the glue on the top and bottom edges of the album and stick the fabric down smoothly. Depending upon the weather conditions, it would take at least 24 hours for the glue to dry. Once the glue is dry, to cover the raw edges inside the album, glue wrapping paper onto the inside covers (front cover and back cover).
Do-it-yourself photo album projects are available in departmental stores as well.